Sunday, November 2, 2008

Wikis

For a class I'm currently taking, a group I belong to within that class made a Wiki to enable us all to be able to communicate more effectively and edit each others work. I've found it extremely helpful and time saving! We are able to submit our portions of projects without having to physically meet, and give feedback right away!

Also, the library I am currently doing a practicum in has a wonderful Wiki available for the reference desk to answer questions that come up concerning technology. Again, it serves as a time saver, so that if a patron has a question about why he/she can't download something from their hotmail, I can just go on the Wiki and type in a key word and usually get the answer without needing to take up the time of another employee. The tech services person at the library created the Wiki as an informational device for us at the reference desk, and I've found it really helpful as I continue to learn new ways of helping the patrons with their reference needs!

No comments: